The Women’s Business Centre was awarded a Small Business Administration grant in September 2014 and opened officially in November 2014 as a program of The Helen Gordon Davis Centre for Women, a non-profit that has actively served the women of Tampa Bay since 1977.
In Hillsborough County just 28.6% of businesses are owned by women. In 2011, Forbes Magazine rated Tampa 6th in the nation for cities where woman owned businesses are thriving – and yet we can do even more to equip women to become entrepreneurs and ultimately employers.
The climate for woman-owned businesses in our community is strong.
- Florida ranks 4th among the 50 states in its number of women-owned businesses.
- Florida woman-owned businesses grew by 73% (compared to 50% nationally) from 1997 to 2011
- Florida has an estimated 585,500 woman-owned firms employing 472,200 people
- Florida’s woman-owned businesses contribute $77.4 billion to the economy.
We offer free, confidential business counseling for women in all stages of business development. Along with workshops and training programs, we provide networking events to expand your professional contacts and reach new clients. Request an Appointment NOW!
- Business Counseling
- Mentoring Programs
- Business Education & Workshops
- Financing Your Business
- Networking Opportunities with Like-Minded Entrepreneurs and Women Business Leaders
- Women’s Business Leadership Luncheons and Events
- In-person Classes and Webinars on all-things Entrepreneurial
- Tools: Business planPro™, Marketing Plan Pro™, and Dreambuilders™,
- Access to Small Business Administration Resources
- Access to the Davis Centre’s Business Reference Library and Reading Room
- Access to Health and Wellness Seminars and Events Designed just for Women
To see what dynamic classes, seminars and networking events are scheduled soon, please follow the link to our events page.